Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 2000 10:48:20 -0500 (EST)
From:      Kenneth W Cochran <kwc@world.std.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Linux ext2 fs support changes in -stable

Hi...

I "track" -stable (RELENG_3) roughly weekly.
I have ext2 filesystem support in my kernel config.

Somewhat all-of-a-sudden, I am unable to r/w mount a Linux ext2
filesystem on the same hdd with my BSD.  I get in my syslog (&
on console):
/kernel:  WARNING: R/W mount of dev 0xe040a denied due to
    unsupported optional features

This is when I try "mount_ext2fs /dev/da1s...".  I can mount
things there readonly just fine.

What are "unsupported optional features?"

Read/write mounting of filesystems on /dev/da1 used to work, but
it has been a few weeks (a month?) since I've tried it.

I *can* r/w mount ext2 filesystems on my "other" hdd (/dev/da0s3
& /dev/da0s4).

I do remember seeing some deltas in my cvsup logs that applied
to ext2 fs support...

What happened?  What's going on here?

Naturally, faq & doc pointers quite welcome.  :)

-kc