Date:      Mon, 26 Jul 2004 10:06:20 -0700
From:      Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
To:        takawata@jp.freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ThinkPad X31 Hotkey device

takawata@jp.freebsd.org wrote:
> Hi, I wrote a ThinkPad Hot key device driver.
> This will send hot key event for devd and
> display debug message when hot key event is
> recognized.
> I tested on ThinkPad X31 and
> not tested on ThinkPad i1620 but should work on it.
>
> http://www.init-main.com/acpi_tpkey/

Thanks!  Some comments:

* New drivers should use style(9) (especially 8 space tabs)
* acpi_tpkey_call_{get,set}_method() should be replaced with
acpi_{Get,Set}Integer() (see acpi.c)
* No need to call acpi_get_type() in the probe method -- the
ACPI_PNP_PROBE function handles this.
* SYSCTL_OUT/IN can be replaced by sysctl_handle_int.

See acpi_toshiba.c for good examples of all this.

--
-Nate