Date:      Mon, 29 Mar 1999 18:01:25 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
Cc:        Derek Jewett <djewett@snowcrest.net>, Mike Thompson <miket@dnai.com>, Craig Metz <cmetz@inner.net>, Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD as a router

Julian Elischer wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Mar 1999, Derek Jewett wrote:
>
> > If it's consilation we are building a pretty unique solution with a FreeBSD
> > 3.x box using multi port cards.. We are using ETC's ET/5025pq-4-25 card
> > (4-port v.35 cards), along with 4-port Ethernet NIC (adaptec Quartet64) to
> > create a multi port router/firewall/switch/thingamajig.. We stole the idea
> > from Nokia's IP440 switch concept. Just we don't use Firewall-1, we use FBSD
> > native utilities...
>
> so, what do you think Nokia use?

Checkpoint Firewall-1, just as he said.  Their VPN product uses Checkpoint
VPN-1 also.  Checkpoint has both available to OEMs on FreeBSD, but won't
release it as a product.  Go figure.

--
             Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Wes Peters                                                     +1.801.915.2061
Softweyr LLC                                                  wes@softweyr.com