Date:      Wed, 22 Oct 1997 19:25:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Ozz <osa@unibest.ru>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: How update from 970124 to last SNAP ???? Plz help!

On Mon, 20 Oct 1997, Ozz wrote:

> Sorry for bad English...
> I have a old SNAP-version. Its a FreeBSD-3.0-970124-SNAP wiz soursez
> I wanna this version to latest SNAP.
> As I know I may downloaded more everydays updates...
> Where I can get that files...

Daily SNAPs are built at releng22.freebsd.org, and good SNAPs are
occaisionally copied over to the main site at ftp.freebsd.org.

To upgrade the easy way, simply grab the boot floppy, boot it, select the
`upgrade' option and follow the prompts.

If you want to upgrade the hard way and build directly from source, grab
everything in src/*, extract in a safe place, and `make world' as normal.

Make sure you're subscribed to the freebsd-current mailing list if you're
going to be regularly tracking SNAPs.  Major changes get made without
major announcements.