Date:      Tue, 22 Aug 2006 06:38:49 -0700
From:      "Muhammad Omer Iqbal" <omer@omeriqbal.com>
To:        "'Ivan Levchenko'" <levchenko.i@gmail.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Installing Php5 on Apache2.2 (Freebsd 6.1)

Thanks for the advice. The way I got it to work was by actually making the
package on the local box and it installed fine. In the past, when I tried
it, I was not connected to the Internet and the build failed. I did not
realize that my system must be connected as it needs to fetch some data from
the Internet. Today, I tried it again with Internet connected (I figured
that out today as I carefully read through the error messages), and it built
fine and apparently got installed.

However, what I am seeing now is that I have index.php, but it is not
automatically returned by Apache to browser when it goes to that url. And
when I put index.php manually in the browser (lets say
http://localhost/index.php), php is not parsed, and the file is just treated
as a .html file.

When I do make install, it says that php5 is already installed. I already
installed a few php5-extensions, but I think this should be working without
the extensions. I tried mod_php5, but since that component is installed by
php5 itself, I get precisely the message that it cannot be installed because
the location is the same, so I assume php5 actually did install Apache
module too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Omer