Date:      Thu, 02 Jun 2005 23:17:07 +0200
From:      Andreas Tobler <toa@pop.agri.ch>
To:        peterg@ptree32.com.au
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: calling/runtime convention for ppc fbsd

Hi Peter,

Andreas Tobler wrote:

> peterg@ptree32.com.au wrote:
>
>>> which caling / runtime convention does fbsd ppc follow? The sysv4
>>> from SUN dated around september 1995? Or is it another one?
>>

>>  That's the one.
>

> Ok.

Exactly the one above?

I mean, small structures are passed in registers and not per reference ?

Linuxppc passes structures per reference while the above ABI states to
pass them in registers if they are smaller than 8 bytes.
Maybe this is the problem I see. Hm, I need to implement it then.
My libffi port has only a few failures in the small struct area.

Andreas