Date:      Tue, 14 Jul 2009 15:12:56 +0000
From:      Tony <ghostsniper007@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-pf@freebsd.org>
Subject:   question about max-src-conn and max-src-conn-rate

Below is a packet filter snippet from my config file:

=20

block drop log quick from <brute>
pass in  quick on $ext_if proto tcp from any to <webs> port 80 flags S/SA k=
eep state (max-src-conn 80=2C max-src-conn-rate 200/2=2C overload <brute> f=
lush global)
pass out quick on $int_if proto tcp from any to <webs> port 80 flags S/SA k=
eep state

pass out quick on $ext_if proto tcp from <webs> port 80   to any flags SA/S=
A keep state
pass in  quick on $int_if proto tcp from <webs> port 80   to any flags SA/S=
A keep state

=20

Question 1:
Should the bruteforce rules be on each line=2C or just that first one?

=20

Question 2:
If they should be on each line=2C should I multiply the values (80=2C 200/2=
) by 4 ?

=20

Question 3:
Are the rates I'm using reasonable? blocking should be on the loose side

=20

I'm open to any thoughts=2C opinions or screams on best practices=20

Attention all humans. We are your photos. Free us.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=3D9666046=