Date:      Wed, 24 May 2006 20:04:35 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Charles Schaum <verbo.solo@sbcglobal.net>
To:        openoffice@freebsd.org
Subject:   Makefile fails in latest build of port for OO-2.0

Thank you for your diligent and faithful work!

I have recently come to FreeBSD from various Linux distros and am learning to finesse a number of things in a new way.

About a month ago I built a binary .tbz either for 6.0 or a release candidate for 6.1. That build went fine, I still have that package.

Yesterday I tried a build with the most recent ports tree for 6.1. The Makefile failed in the post-install after making the wrappers. The part that failed is:

@for dir in 'ls ${ICONS}/hicolor | grep -v CVS'; do \
  for app in base calc draw impress math printeradmin writer; do \
    if [ -r ${ICONS}/hicolor/$${dir}/apps/$${app}.png ]; then \
      ${cp} ${ICONS}/hicolor/$${dir}/apps/$${app}.png \
      ${PREFIX}/share/icons . . .

. . . For file in 'cd ${ICONS}/hicolor/$${dir}/mimetypes . . .
 . . . ${CP} ${ICONS}/hicolor/$${dir}/mimetypes/$${file} \
       ${PREFIX}/share/icons . . .

The problem is that ${CP} as defined does not automatically copy the dir tree down to the leaves where the files are to be in both the loops. I think I could anticipate this and create the tree by hand, but would that persist across builds or work properly when making a package?

I do apologize if I failed to RTFM.

Charles