Date:      Mon, 25 Mar 2002 23:33:44 +0100 (CET)
From:      Walter Hop <walter@binity.com>
To:        "E. J. Cerejo" <ejcerejo@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GQmpeg

> Hello I just installed GQmpeg from ports with the WITHOU_GNOME=1 option
> because I don't want all of that gnome garbage in my computer and now it
> doesn't play any mp3s and I get this when I start it from the xterm:
>
>  > gqmpeg
> Failed to find ogg123 in your path!
> ogg123 player module disabled.
> "ogginfo" not found.
> "vorbiscomment" not found, comment support disabled.
> Failed to find xmp in your path!
> xmp player module disabled.

I guess the GQmpeg util requires the following ports to be installed:

  /usr/ports/audio/vorbis-tools
  /usr/ports/audio/xmp

Are these installed? (If you just did that, maybe you need to issue a
"rehash" command to let your shell re-scan the paths.)

If these two packages are not being installed automatically by the port
but the port keeps complaining, they should've been marked as a
dependency or at least there should be an option not to work with these
tools; maybe you can contact the port's maintainer to sort this out.

--
 Walter Hop <walter@binity.com> | +31 6 24290808 | PGP keyid 0x84813998