Date:      Tue, 12 Aug 1997 09:22:29 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Kenneth Merry <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        mestery@winternet.com (Kyle Mestery)
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Just noticed this

Kyle Mestery wrote...

> I have finally gotten all the software compiled and ready for my
> Wincast/TV card to work.  I installed it last nite and booted up, no
> problem, the kernel found it, but here is what the dmesg output says about
> it:
>
> bktr0: <BrookTree 848> rev 0x11 int a irq 18 on pci0.18.0
> Hauppauge WinCast/TV, Temic PAL tuner.
>                             ^^^
>
> Should that really be a PAL tuner?  I guess I don't know if that is right
> or not, and the PAL/ntsc difference might not affect tuners, but it is
> just a thought.  Anyways, I can't get any reception on the TV.  Before I
> do anything though, I am going to check my cable hookup one more time in
> my apartment.  I do have an antennae I am going to try and use also.  I
> will report back.  One more thing Amancio, I just compiled a kernel
> without BROKEN_SB defined.  I am at work now, but will report back either
> tonite or tomorrow morning as to how that works.  Thanks!

	Amancio has sent out a couple of pieces of mail on -current about
the bt848 driver being broken.  I tried mine out Sunday night for the first
time in a couple of months, and it didn't work.  No picture, nothing.

	So I think something is wrong with the driver.  Has anyone out
there had any success with the bt848 driver and -current?

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@plutotech.com