Date:      Wed, 07 May 1997 22:38:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        FreeBSD-SCSI@FreeBSD.ORG, FreeBSD-Hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Privileged Instruction Fault...

Hi Michael Smith;  On 08-May-97 you wrote:
> Simon Shapiro stands accused of saying:
> >
> > Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode
> >
> > Fault address 0x41
>
> Forgot to mention; check your structure definitions for members with
> an offset of 0x41, though I expect you know all this...

Yes, but part of the reason for discussing this publicly is for others, even
more naive that I am to not repeat my mistakes :-)

> Still no vmcores, kernels-with-symbols, etc. 8)

Nope :-(  The source changes too fast.  Would be a waste of anyone's time.
Besides, I think I am missing something in the configuration, as the kernel
dumps do not happen.  Also, do you know how to force entering into the
kernel
debugger?  It should happen when you panic, but does not.  Maybe you can
have
a look at the DPT configuration file and tell me.

Much obliged,

Simon