Date:      Sat, 19 Feb 2011 07:26:14 -0800
From:      Gary Dunn <osp@aloha.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bluetooth DUN tun0 IP setting

Previously sent to freebsd-questions and received no response. Hopefully
someone here has solved this.

Freebsd 8.0-RELEASE-p2.
Fujitsu Lifebook T1010.
T-Mobile myTouch 3G slide.
Android 2.1.
PDA Net tether app.

I get to where I can run rfcomm -a ... and PDA Net on phone responds
that it is running, shows byte count, but a few seconds my console
displays error.

tun0: Error: ipcp_InterfaceUp: unable to set ip address.

The tun0 appears in ifconfig /all but with no tcp/ip settings.

In Windows 7 the tunnel interface gets 192.168.9.2, gateway and dhcp at
9.1.

I suspect /etc/ppp/ppp.conf network settings, on the 10.10.0 network.
--
Gary Dunn, Honolulu
Open Slate Project