Date:      Thu, 27 Jun 1996 22:15:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      frf <frf@qcworld.com>
To:        joe@ns.via.net
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to...]

=>
=> > I would like to clone freebsd at my offics using a net install. How
=> > do I set  up a server for doing FTP installs?
=>
=> Easy, just copy a FreeBSD distribution under ~ftp/pub on the server
=> and then select this server under "Other" on the FTP site selection
=> menu as "ftp://yourname/pub"
=>
=> 						Jordan

I mirrored the freefall.cdrom.com one night using
NCFtp's recursive ability.
> get -R *
It ran for the better part of the night over a choked 56k line,
then it was a nice install over local cheaper-net.
One thing I should mention: The base installation worked
perfectly, except when trying to 'post-install' packages.
It attepted to login as 'ftp' instead of using the name
I had given for 'ftp user name' in the options menu. I had to
add an ftp account, then it worked fine.

Robert

-- frf@qcworld.com                            frf@xocolatl.com

Favorite mail error:  "554 Too many recipients for no message body"