Date:      Tue, 18 May 2004 12:05:03 +0200
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@icir.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ia_netbroadcast

--g+nE7Lp8ucACtfsu

On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 02:43:46AM -0700, Luigi Rizzo wrote:
+> On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 11:24:39AM +0200, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
+> > Hi.
+> >=20
+> > Do we still need ia_netboradcast field? It is calculated depending on
+> > old-fashion classes (A, B, C). Is it used still?
+> > I wonder if ia_broadaddr isn't sufficient today.
+>=20
+> not just that, it seems that ia_netboradcast contains bogus info.

So?

+> This said, how do you plan to handle the alias search, by
+> implementing a per-interface hash table containing the
+> addresses and broadcast addresses ?

First I want to find all places that need fast processing and it probably
needs hash tables for IPs and broadcasts, but I'm not sure if that's all.

--=20
Pawel Jakub Dawidek                       http://www.FreeBSD.org
pjd@FreeBSD.org                           http://garage.freebsd.pl

--g+nE7Lp8ucACtfsu