Date:      Fri, 15 Nov 1996 06:57:02 -0500 (EST)
From:      Keith Mitchell <kmitch@unix.guru.org>
To:        gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org (Justin T. Gibbs)
Cc:        scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SCB paging is most dangerous option now!

> It seems to work fine on my P54TP4 with a 2940, so it may be related
> to the PCI-PCI bridge on the 3940.  I know that Stefan made some
> changes in this area, so perhaps he knows.  Basically I rely on
> the return value of pci_map_mem.  If it succeeds, I use Mem I/O.
> If not, I use PIO.

Well,

All is not totally well.  Last night during the backup, I got:

sd0(ahc0:0:0): timed out in dataout phase, SCSISIGI == 0x4
SEQADDR == 0x13d
Ordered Tag queued
sd0(ahc0:0:0): timed out in dataout phase, SCSISIGI == 0x4
SEQADDR == 0x13c
sd0(ahc0:0:0): timed out in dataout phase, SCSISIGI == 0x4
SEQADDR == 0x13c
ahc0: Issued Channel A Bus Reset. 3 SCBs aborted
Ordered Tag sent
st0(ahc0:4:0): UNIT ATTENTION asc:29,0
st0(ahc0:4:0):  Power on, reset, or bus device reset occured
Ordered Tag sent
st0(ahc0:4:0): timed out in datain phase, SCSISIGI == 0xc6

After this happened the computer rebooted but the sd0 drive seemed to be
"offline".  I had to power cycle to bring it back up.

This is without either patch.  Should I try one of those to see if it fixes
it??

Thanks.