Date:      Thu, 28 Sep 2000 23:21:01 +0100
From:      "Eirik Apeland" <eapeland@c2i.net>
To:        "freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Setting up sppp

Hi.

Are there someone out there who can help me with the sppp setup?
I've looked and searched the web for info about sppp, but all I can find
is ordenary ppp :(

The plan is to use my FreeBSD box as a gateway/router to my ISP, and
do the surfing and irc stuff on my Windows NT.

I must say that I'm a newbie to FreeBSD, but I have tried for two months to solve this problem
without any luck :(

This is what I've compiled into my kernel:
options         IPFIREWALL
options         IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE
options         IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT
options         IPDIVERT

pseudo-device   sppp
options         TEL_S0_16_3
device          isic0   at isa? port 0xd80 irq5 flags 3
pseudo-device   "i4bq921"
pseudo-device   "i4bq931"
pseudo-device   "i4b"
pseudo-device   "i4btrc"        4
pseudo-device   "i4bctl"
pseudo-device   "i4brbch"       4
pseudo-device   "i4bipr"        4
pseudo-device   "i4bisppp"
options IPR_VJ

...and this is my rc.conf:

ateway_enable="YES"
natd_enable="YES"
sppp_interfaces="isp0"
ifconfig_isp0="inet 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.1 netmask 0xffffffff link1"
spppconfig_isp0="authproto=pap myauthname=xxxxxx myauthsecret=yyyyyyy hisauthname=none callin norechallenge"
isdn_enable="YES"
isdn_fsdev="no"
isdn_trace="yes"
defaultrouter="-interface isp0"

When I do a "ipconfig isp0 up", everything works fine - I get a connection.

But the question is -> When I try to connect via Win NT, nothing happens.
I've set default gateway to point to the FreeBSD box. So what am I doing wrong?

Anyone want to help out here?
If you need more info on my system-setup, just say so and I'll give it to you.

Thanx.

Regards
Eirik