Date:      Mon, 17 Mar 2003 16:07:52 -0500
From:      "John Straiton" <jsmailing@clickcom.com>
To:        "'Defryn, Guy'" <G.P.Defryn@massey.ac.nz>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: ftp best practices

You mean the . files from the login or the (apache?) webserver
configuration files (which do not have to be in the same directory
structure as the site itself)?

In regards to your nonexistant thing, "man shells", then "cat
/etc/shells"

You might want to also look at /etc/ftpchroot (described in "man ftpd").

If you meant the apache config files, you could just have all the web
files like:

/home/username/sitename.ext/htdocs
/home/username/sitename.ext/cgi-bin
/home/username/sitename.ext/logs

And then specify in the apache config something like
ResourceConfig
/usr/local/etc/apache/site_configurations/sitename.ext.srm.conf

Or something of that nature.

John Straiton
jks@clickcom.com
Clickcom, Inc