Date:      Sun, 3 Oct 1999 23:05:25 -0700
From:      Dave <friend@vortex4.net>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Status of XFree86 on Alpha?

--TA4f0niHM6tHt3xR

Getting the same sorts of problems;  System is a PC164SX w/a Diamond
Stealth 3D 2000...under twm got wierd stripes of titlebar color in
some resolution modes..fvwm2 looked fine but I couldn't move windows...
afterstep is prety mellow but the toolbar is a set of solid black
boxes lined up on the side of the screen, but clicking on one of
them launches xterms :>  If I click and produce the application
laucher menu over an xterm the menu becomes the new permanent
background of the xterm...also switching out to a console with
ctrl-alt-f2 made the system wig and reboot.

So what's with all of these netcape ports saying they don't work
on alpha?  I managed to get netscape working under debian + XFree86;
Is the x86 emulation not as far along in FreeBSD?

--=20
Dave Cotton
System Administrator
Vortex4 Internet Services