Date:      Thu, 14 Apr 2016 12:08:23 -0700
From:      Matthew Macy <mmacy@nextbsd.org>
To:        "Arto Pekkanen" <isoa@kapsi.fi>
Cc:        <freebsd-x11@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: clarifying the state of drm-next-3.9 and next steps

       =20

            Thanks for the heads up :)I am especially interested in the GPG=
PU support for AMDs, since thiswould actually make FreeBSD x86 rigs very us=
eful for power efficientcluster computing. Thus far cheapest alternatives (=
on x86 hardware) havebeen based on Windows or Linux.Can I count you as a vo=
lunteer to help jmd with user level runtime support? :D-MOn 12.04.2016 22:5=
7, Matthew Macy wrote:> There seems to be some confusion about the state of=
 drm-next-3.9. All the work is currently going on in jmd's fork of freebsd-=
base-graphics:> > https://github.com/iotamudelta/freebsd-base-graphics>; > T=
he emphasis has been on bringing i915 and the drm code  in dev/drm2 closer =
to upstream as opposed to a simple driver refresh. I'm currently implementi=
ng missing linuxkpi bits and hope to actually be testing in the next week o=
r so. > > As of this moment there is nothing available for general consumpt=
ion. I very much hope to have this phase done before code freeze. I will up=
date the list as soon as there is anything to test. Until then, hold your h=
orses.> > The next phase will be more interesting to anyone who isn't simpl=
y waiting on bug fixes for Haswell support. My plan is to update DRM to 4.6=
 and import amdgpu and amdkfd support. I would like to be able to do GPGPU =
work using HIP/HSA on my AMD cards. An ETA on 4.6/amdgpu support is difficu=
lt to come up with. But certainly it will _not_ be any earlier than end of =