Date:      Fri, 5 May 2000 08:09:28 +0200
From:      Marc Silver <marcs@draenor.org>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Firewall Rules

Hey all,

I am currently working on some documentation on ipfw and natd with ppp.
The following rules are for a basic dialup firewall that will allow
connections on port 80.  Are these rules sound, and if not, how could
they be improved?

If possible, please reply to me, as I am not subscribed to
FreeBSD-security.  :)

Thanks,
Marc

fwcmd="/sbin/ipfw"
$fwcmd -f flush
$fwcmd add divert natd all from any to any via tun0
$fwcmd add allow ip from any to any via lo0
$fwcmd add allow ip from any to any via fxp0
$fwcmd add allow tcp from any to any out xmit tun0 setup
$fwcmd add allow tcp from any to any via tun0 established
$fwcmd add pass log tcp from any to any 80 setup
$fwcmd add reset log tcp from any to any 113 in recv tun0
$fwcmd add allow udp from any to x.x.x.x 53 out xmit tun0
$fwcmd add allow udp from any to x.x.x.x 53 out xmit tun0
$fwcmd add allow udp from x.x.x.x 53 to any in recv tun0
$fwcmd add allow udp from x.x.x.x 53 to any in recv tun0
$fwcmd add 65435 allow icmp from any to any
$fwcmd add 65435 deny log ip from any to any