Date:      Wed, 26 Mar 1997 22:16:30 -0600
From:      Tom Jackson <tom@peeper.jackson.org>
To:        Burton Sampley <burton@bsampley.vip.best.com>
Cc:        Wes Peters - Softweyr LLC <softweyr@xmission.com>, Doug Russell <drussell@saturn-tech.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fetchmail nolonger working

On Wed, Mar 26, 1997 at 10:39:05AM -0800, Burton Sampley wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Mar 1997, Wes Peters - Softweyr LLC wrote:
>
> > Sounds like Burton is not adding a default address when the PPP link
> > comes up.  If you're using a single PPP link as your connection to
> > the net, you need to turn off routed and modify your PPP configuration
> > to add a default router through the PPP connection whenever it comes
> > up.  Search the mail archives for help with this; it was discussed to
> > death in Jan and Feb of this year.
>
> FWIW, I still consider myself a newbie, but when Fetchmail was not working
> I could still telnet to both servers and 'surf' the web (using lynx, I'm
> still waiting for UPS to find my house to deliver Xinside). From my
> limited understanding, if a route to the outside world didn't exist, then
> why would everything else work, but not Fetchmail under the same
> conditions?  Oh, BTW, I'm using 3.0-current (last CVSUPed date is
> 97.02.10.00.00.00)

I'm running 3.0-current and for the life of me can't get fetchmail to work.
What I'm trying is fetchmail->sendmail->procmail. I'm using ppp w/dynamic addr
and beginning to think this will never work. Routed sure didn't work and the
handbook is dead wrong about setting up /etc/hosts when using dynamic addr ppp
links.

Does anybody have a clue?
--
Tom Jackson                                           I'm ProChoice->FreeBSD
toj@gorilla.net                                      http://www.freebsd.org