Date:      Fri, 5 Mar 2004 19:21:21 +0100
From:      Marius Strobl <marius@alchemy.franken.de>
To:        "Martin P. Hellwig" <mhellwig@xs4all.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: security/antivir-milter won't start correctly

On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 04:14:19PM +0100, Martin P. Hellwig wrote:
> Andrey Chernov wrote:
>
> >On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 04:45:16PM +0100, Martin P. Hellwig wrote:
> >

> >>I've got a workaround :-), check the attachement for more info.
> >>But I'm curios if this also works on other machines then my own.
> >>

> >I have solution. Change all files and User/Group from daemon:daemon to
> >smmsp:smmsp as sendmail expects to be for socket.
> >

> I think you aren't correct at least with the fresh install I did this
> morning wiht 5.2.1 your'e comment about changing group and user to smmsp
> doesn't work.

Actually I had to do both here on 5.2-current to always get a working
state after reboot/restart. On 4.8-stable I only managed to hit the
"local socket unsafe" problem once and the socket never disappeared.
Both problems are strange, as Sendmail really expects the socket to
be owned by smmsp:smmsp according to the source so it never should
have worked and I'm not sure why the socket gets removed when not
launching the milter in the background.
Anyway, the port finally is changed accordingly, please follow the
update instructions given in ports/UPDATING.