Date:      Mon, 29 May 2000 10:39:14 -0700
From:      David Johnson <djohnson@acuson.com>
To:        Haikal Saadh <wyldephyre2@yahoo.com>
Cc:        newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: any good books?

Haikal Saadh wrote:

> Heh, at least on Unix you have the man pages which you can try to squint at
> and make sense of, as opposed to windows where the only help you ever get is
> a dialogue box saying ask your administrator...

Or even better, those Linuxen that insist on using the GNU man pages
instead of writing their own. To quote from one in particular "This man
page is not kept up to date except when volunteers want to maintain
it... If we find that the things in this man page that are out of date
cause significant confusion or complaints, we will stop distributing the
man page."

--
David Johnson...