Date:      Wed, 9 May 2007 10:13:08 +0930
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        youshi10@u.washington.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dual monitors?

--64j1qyTOoGvYcHb1

On Tuesday,  8 May 2007 at 17:22:15 -0700, youshi10@u.washington.edu wrote:
> On Wed, 9 May 2007, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:

If you follow up on something I wrote, please copy me.  See
http://www.lemis.com/questions.html for more details.

>> On Tuesday,  8 May 2007 at 18:15:52 -0500, Jonathan Horne wrote:
>>> i have a nvidia 7300 GS with 2 heads, and im thinking about picking
>>> up another monitor like im currently runing, before the *blip* off
>>> the market, but im hoping that it wont be a problem to set up xorg
>>> for 2 monitors, with just a single adapter.
>>
>> X.org is getting better at this all the time.  You have a good chance
>> that it will run first time, even without a config file.
>
> You will have to specify the screen layout properly though in your
> xorg.conf.

My understanding is that if you don't specify a layout, X.org will
choose one for you.  If you're happy, that's fine.  This is the same
proviso as for many other configuration parameters, notably screen
resolution.

Greg

--64j1qyTOoGvYcHb1

--64j1qyTOoGvYcHb1--