Date:      Wed, 5 Nov 1997 10:35:38 -0500 (EST)
From:      Evan Champion <evanc@synapse.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   sio buffer overflows

I'm on an unladen (just running X) Pentium Pro 200 with a 16650.  I am
doing iijppp over multilink PPP on this port.  The port speed is set to
57600 (230.4K effective).  The port is detected as a 16650.  I am running
a very recent -current.

One would think that such a system would have no problems keeping up with
the load, but I'm seeing these sort of things in my logs:

sio3: 2 more silo overflows (total 2)
sio3: 1 more silo overflow (total 3)
sio3: 321 more tty-level buffer overflows (total 321)

While installing -current over PPP I was getting hundreds of overflows.

There aren't any IRQ conflicts so I'm at a loss to explain these.  Is
there something I cna do to reduce the overflows?

Thanks.

Evan