Date:      Tue, 1 Oct 2002 17:25:29 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Vinod <geekvinod@yahoo.com>
To:        Lars Eggert <larse@ISI.EDU>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dummynet Usage Problems

my topology loks like this:

                     10.0.0.8
              _ _ _ Video Server

outside----switch---------proxy---------------clients
                   10.0.0.2   10.0.1.1     10.0.1.0/24

i dont have any other firewall rules.I am using
Dummynet just as a packet filtering mechanism to
throttle the bandwidth to certain clients.Its part of
a research project.
I play streaming videos(from the video server) at the
clients using realplayer and the realplayer shows what
bandwidth i am getting.

Thanks,
Vinod

--- Lars Eggert <larse@ISI.EDU> wrote:
> Vinod wrote:
> > i have proxy from which i would like to throttle
> the
> > bandwidth of clients.the proxy acts as a router
> here.
> >
> > i use the commands
> > ipfw add pipe 1 ip from any to 10.0.1.0/24
> > ipfw pipe 1 config bw 100Kbit/s
> >
> > but i still dont see any reduction in bw.its the
> same
> > high bw it used to be.Am i doing anything wrong?
> > I have read the docs well and i thought the above
> > commands should work for me.
>
> What does your topology look like?
> What are your other firewall rules?
> How do you measure bandwidth?
>
> Lars
> --
> Lars Eggert <larse@isi.edu>           USC
> Information Sciences Institute
>

> ATTACHMENT part 2 application/x-pkcs7-signature
name=smime.p7s