Date:      Fri, 21 Jul 2006 13:34:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dino Vliet <dino_vliet@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   portsdb -Uu broken on AMD64 system

Hi folks,
how are you all doing? My AMD64 system running FreeBSD
6.1 gave me a very strange error when trying to update
my ports. I used the cvsup -g -L -2 command and
everything went smooth, but after I did the portsdb
-Uu command this is what I get:

portsdb -Uu
Updating the ports index ... Generating INDEX.tmp -
please wait..1 open conditional:
         at line 1477 (evaluated to true)
make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
===> arabic/ae_fonts_mono failed
*** Error code 1
1 open conditional:
         at line 22 (evaluated to true)
make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
===> accessibility/at-spi failed
*** Error code 1
2 errors

Before reporting this error, verify that you are
running a supported
version of FreeBSD (see http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/)
and that you
have a complete and up-to-date ports collection.
(INDEX builds are
not supported with partial or out-of-date ports
collections -- in
particular, if you are using cvsup, you must cvsup the
"ports-all"
collection, and have no "refuse" files.)  If that is
the case, then
report the failure to ports@FreeBSD.org together with
relevant
details of your ports configuration (including FreeBSD
version,
your architecture, your environment, and your
/etc/make.conf
settings, especially compiler flags and WITH/WITHOUT
settings).

Note: the latest pre-generated version of INDEX may be
fetched
automatically with "make fetchindex".

*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports.
failed to generate INDEX!
portsdb: index generation error

I already tried the make fetchindex but that gives the
same error.

My make.conf looks like:

# added by use.perl 2006-02-28 15:03:26
PERL_VER=5.8.8
PERL_VERSION=5.8.8

The last time I had troubles is when I tried to
compile the port scilab and it complained about my tk
installation. I left it like that.

Hope somebody can help. Here's my uname -a :
FreeBSD zouk.tiscali.nl 6.1-RELEASE-p2 FreeBSD
6.1-RELEASE-p2 #6: Mon Jun 26 21:04:39 CEST 2006
django@zouk.tiscali.nl:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MYKERNEL
amd64