Date:      Sat, 25 Jun 2011 11:25:02 -0700
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        Bastian Rieck <bastian@tecroots.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Laptop recommendations?

--lUFOiBjYbj2M+tdK

On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 07:34:24PM +0200, Bastian Rieck wrote:
> Dear list,
>=20
> I need to replace my old IBM Thinkpad R50e, which is running FreeBSD
> 8.2. Currently, my favoured replacement is a Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E520.

I rather like the laptop I've been using for the past several months: a
Dell Precision M4400.  I track stable/8 & head (in different slices) on
it daily; it normally takes about an hour to take care of both of those.

And it has a 1920x1200 display -- as well as 2 sets of 3 mouse buttons
each (each of which works as expected).

I have found that I sometimes manage to slide the "WiFi disable" switch
to an unwanted setting accidentally, and the power connection slips out
a little too easily, but those are about the worst things I can think of
with respect to the hardware.

Peace,
david
--=20
Depriving a girl or boy of an opportunity for education is evil.

--lUFOiBjYbj2M+tdK

--lUFOiBjYbj2M+tdK--