Date:      Fri, 13 Dec 1996 17:31:09 +0100 (MET)
From:      cracauer@wavehh.hanse.de (Martin Cracauer)
To:        jfieber@indiana.edu
Cc:        cracauer@wavehh.hanse.de, www@FreeBSD.ORG

> On Fri, 13 Dec 1996, Martin Cracauer wrote:
>
> > Could someone post (or start to formulate :-) a definition of what
> > these two lists are good for?
>
> Well, it is true that the distinction between the two is not very
> clear and if people think one would be better, we could try it
> out.  On the other side, with respect to managing mirror sites,
> www and hubs may have a fair amount of overlap.
>
> The original purpose of www was the address to put at the bottom
> of the web pages for comments and feedback.  Do we want this
> stuff going directly to doc@freebsd.org?  Then, there is a fair

For sure not.

> amount of web technical administrivia that is really only
> tangentially related to general doc stuff and really of no
> interest to casual observers not directly involved in www
> administration.
>
> Thoughts?

My formulation:

www@freebsd.org is a list to coordinate work
doc@freebsd.org is a list to discuss designs and new ideas

That was we can get input from people not on -www, but we don't bother
them with "Would you please fix the link to...".

Martin
--
Martin Cracauer <cracauer@wavehh.hanse.de>