Date:      Sun, 10 May 1998 21:05:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Adrian Filipi-Martin <adrian@nvl.virginia.edu>
To:        Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Advocating for FreeBSD

On Sun, 10 May 1998, Garance A Drosihn wrote:

> At 12:17 AM -0700 5/10/98, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> > In any case, this all segues nicely into an opportunity to air a pet
> > peeve of mine here, [...], and that's that we waste TOO MUCH BLOODY
> > TIME on the pointless exercise of jumping up and down like a bunch
> > of old ladies who've just seen a naked man ("Oooh!  Wouldya look at
> > that!") every time some new Linux article comes out or somebody says
> > something nasty about FreeBSD in a public forum.
> >
> > I'm all for playing a reasonable defensive strategy, don't get me
> > wrong, but there also comes a point where you're just spending too
> > damn much time reacting to your opponents moves and are not really
> > engaged in formulating your own strategy.
>
> I agree.

	Yup, it's hard not to agree.

	For my part, I have taken to writting level-headed messges to the
authors of various articles, either priasing their thurough coverage of
the free software/OS topics or alternately gently pointing out their
errors or other deficiencies.  Letters to the editor indicating that a
particular magazine has gone up in your estimation due to a particually
good article is useful as well.

	Well, that's just my small means of contributing.  Something tells
me that this is where a lot of the linux newbies spent their time in years
past.  Hopefully in the future years we will reap similar rewards.

	BTW, you'd be surpised that I actually get responses saying thanks
and "gee, I wasn't aware of that".  I guess I'm not whinging too
petulantly.

	Adrian
--
adrian@virginia.edu        ---->>>>| If I were stranded on a desert island, and
System Administrator         --->>>| I could only have one OS for my computer,