Date:      Fri, 18 Oct 2013 14:39:42 +0100
From:      "Mike C." <miguelmclara@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VirtualBox not working on 10-Beta1

On 10/18/13 06:00, Гуляев Гоша wrote:
>    � 18.10.2013, 01:52, "Bernhard Fröhlich" <decke@bluelife.at>:
>
>      �
>
>      It sounds more like a problem that we usually see when you start
>      vbox as root which leaves some files in /tmp root permissions. But
>      it's really hard to make a good guess without an proper error
>      message.
>
>    �
>
>    �
>
>    Thanks for answer Bernhard!
>
>    But I read while search solution on the net that recommendations, and I
>    do that:
>
>    rm -rf /root/.VirtualBox
>
>    rm -rf ~/.VirtualBox (from user)
>
>    rm -rf /var/tmp/.vbox* (from root)
>
>    After reboot there is a directory appears in /var/tmp:
>
>    drwx------ 2 root wheel 512 Oct 18 10:55 .vbox-root-ipc
>
>    ls -la /var/tmp/.vbox-root-ipc/
>    total 12
>    drwx------ 2 root wheel 512 Oct 18 10:55 .
>    drwxrwxrwt 10 root wheel 512 Oct 18 10:55 ..
>    srwx------ 1 root wheel 0 Oct 18 10:55 ipcd
>    -rw------- 1 root wheel 4 Oct 18 10:55 lock
>
>    I have a several virtualbox machines on FreeBSD 8.x and FreeBSD 9.x and
>    there is no any problem with it setup, but in that case I have that
>    problem..
>
>    �
>
>    Maybe someone can try reproduce that problem with FreeBSD 10-Beta1
>    AMD64?

I have the same issue, I can only run it with sudo -u user VirtualBox...

I see the dir to but in /tmp/...

I've tried to use GDB to see what fails, but when I do that It says I
have no permissions...

$ gdb /usr/local/lib/virtualbox/VirtualBox
GNU gdb 6.1.1 [FreeBSD]
conditions.
This GDB was configured as
"amd64-marcel-freebsd".../usr/local/lib/virtualbox/VirtualBox:
Permission denied.

The permissions are the default from the install and changing them only
causes more problems!