Date:      Tue, 21 Oct 1997 10:14:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Joachim Wunder <Joachim.Wunder@lrz.tu-muenchen.de>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fxtv troubles with Hauppauge Win/TVpci

On Sun, 19 Oct 1997, Joachim Wunder wrote:

> I obeyed all instructions on http://multiverse.com/~rhh/fxtv and installed all
> the necessary kernel drivers for my Hauppauge Win/TVpci PAL card:
>
> bktr0 <BrookTree 848> rev 18 int a irq 11 on pci0:13
> Hauppauge WinCast/TV, Temic PAL tuner.
>
> I further installed fxtv from from the ports collection on my 2.2.1 release.
> After starting fxtv it shows up with
>
> 	Warning: Actions not found: TVSetChannel

That's OK -- you're using an old or nonexistent Fxtv app-defaults file.
Copy fxtv to your app-deafuls directory or append to ~/.Xdefaults.

> So I only see some "snow" on txvf video screen and can change the channels,
> but can't tune in any program.

make sure the tuner is checked on the Input menu.  Also check your cable
connection and that the channels that are being tuned are actually on your
system.  The default channels are few and far between, and if you're on an
antenna you may not be getting the right channels.