Date:      Mon, 22 Dec 1997 00:14:16 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu>, FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: converting drivers to dynamic memory...

As to when DEVFS becomes ready,
I'm looking at a release in a week or two.
I'm having trouble finding things that fail.
(you should try the newest file in ftp://hub.freebsd.org/pub/scsi)

mainly they are related to things that make stupid assumptions..
e.g. the partition under a filesystem must have a disklabel,
or
the swap must have  a minor number of '1' (i.e be the 'b' partition)
I'm running on a system totally running on devfs.

BTW Mike,
You said you found some failure conditions but I can't find the email
can you remind me?
I'm tracking down that sort of thing in the evenings.

julian