Date:      Tue, 3 May 2022 11:08:09 +0200
From:      Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (263489) (D35109) freebsd-update: restart sshd after upgrade

On 03/05/2022 02:15, Graham Perrin wrote:
> <https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd-src/commit/6cd1bc53160973fc421c59f66aaa7e4b37a8cebe#diff-ed3905e89b1b292bd271b3defd3ae0442a250eeed5623f5dc31aeba248b353a8R3028>;
> (line 3028)
>
> How will freebsd-update behave in this case?
>
>> Cannot 'status' sshd. Set sshd_enable to YES in /etc/rc.conf or use
>> 'onestatus' instead of 'status'.
>
> (I'd test for myself, but it's late, and I'd like to seed the thought
> before I forget.)

Shouldn't it be user configurable if (any) service should be restarted
during update / upgrade?
I remember sshd not starting after upgrade in the past. I don't use
freebsd-update, but doing sshd restart by hand and sometimes there are
some incompatible changes which prevent sshd from starting.
This "safety" sshd restart can be dangerous too.

Kind regards
Miroslav Lachman