Date:      Tue, 13 Jun 1995 22:35:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      pete@pelican.com (Pete Carah)
To:        bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   msdos floppy problem

System: Current from about 2-3 weeks ago; I don't think anything has
changed in msdosfs...

With a miscellaneous dos floppy (1.44mb 3.5") that I needed to get data
from, "mount -t msdos /dev/fd0.1440 /a" then "ls -l /a"
gave a half-screen of garbage followed by a decent directory (there were
only 2 files in the disks root; one a .exe and the other a directory,
which contained 2 regular files).  At least this garbage didn't scramble
cons25 :-)

mdir/mcopy saw it just fine with no bogus entries.  (the reason I used
mount in the first place was that I didn't yet have mtools; I ended up
downloading it in midstream, in disgust.)  Don't know what the problem
is unless the directory read isn't getting truncated at the first 0
leading byte (or is that still a valid dos optimization?)

-- Pete