Date:      Tue, 10 Jan 2006 18:47:27 -0500
From:      Eero Saynatkari <freebsd-ml@magical-cat.org>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   acpiconf -s3 blanks and resumes immediately (Acer Aspire 5000 amd64)

HW:   Acer Aspire 5000 Turion (amd64) notebook,
      PHOENIX notebios

OS:   FreeBSD 6.0-stable

Hi!

I have not had success resolving my particular problem;
it may be I am just not able to get the search terms
right. Links to my config etc. are at the bottom.

ACPI loads up seemingly OK after a small tweak to the
asl (I was getting the ACPI-0438 Z007 not found errors).
The asl does still emit a warning about a reserved method
needing to return a value when compiling. The DSDT.aml is
in /boot and enabled through /boot/loader.conf

My problem is that regardless of how I attempt to suspend
the machine (suspend button or acpiconf, console or X),
the result is always the same: the machine thinks for a
bit and then the suspend seems to work: the screen goes
blank, the backlight is turned off and the HD quiets down
but after a second or so, everything comes back on and
restores exactly as it was. It sort of seems that the
machine thinks it is being resumed immediately.

I have also tried acpi.hw.disable_on_poweroff with both
0 and 1 as the value.

shutdown -p  works fine but both acpiconf -s3 or -s4 give
the result above. acpiconf -s1 gives a message saying that
suspend was not done, acpi not ready yet. I have not tried
-s5 but I can do so if needed.

You can see the configs at

  http://www.magical-cat.org/personal/data/freebsd-acpi

The data there are:

        dmesg
        acpidump -dt
        myasl.asl
        iasl myasl.asl
        /boot/loader.conf
        sysctl -a | grep 'hw.acpi'
        sysctl -a | grep 'acpi'

Please let me know if there is any other output you need to see.