Date:      Wed, 07 Mar 2001 10:19:54 -0800
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        "Vladimir V. Egorin" <vladimir@math.uic.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: hardware support question

As long as it's a 16 -bit card and not a CardBus card, it should be
fine. Xircom makes both. Xircom support has been in FreeBSD since 3.4
(although temporarily lost in 4.0). I use mine all the time.

If it's a CardBus card, it will not work in 4.x-Stable. You will have
to use -current. It is widely reported that the Xircom card works
pretty well in current, but I would suggest not trying to run current
unless you have time to hack kernel code and rebuild your system a
LOT.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)