Date:      Mon, 04 Feb 2002 23:21:33 -0600
From:      Jorge Biquez <jbiquez@icsmx.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Learning the "correct way"...

Hello all.

Today my young sister lost her job because her "new owner and boss" decided
to move from NT to LINUX all the equipments and he left out all the
technical personal that has never worked with LINUX or "similar" operating
system.

My sister decided to learn LINUX and FreeBSD and leave the Microsoft world
so she asked me to help her. I have been working with FreeBSD mainly  and
have been playing around with LINUX REDHAT 7.0 Standar edition. She is more
intelligent like me since she wants to learn following an index of subjects
to learn and she want to follow an auto study plan since she is short on
resource$. In my case the few things I have learned have been on the daily
needs of my business .

I was wondering if you could share an index of subjects to study or not so
expensive courses she could buy to learn "the correct way", books or
material that could help. We are not sure that following the order of the
Handbook (for FreeBSD) will be the best order to follow for new people like
her that have never worked on a console and all their experience is a GUI
interface for administrative tasks.

Any help is really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

JB