Date:      25 Jan 2001 12:32:50 +0100
From:      Dmitry Karasik <dk@plab.ku.dk>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ports update - is something broken?

Hi!

I recently cvsupped the ports tree on my 4.1-stable, but after that
make refused to deal with ports - 'Your system is too old to use this
bsd.port.mk.'. I believed that ports update procedure should be more or
less aware of current version, and do not fetch files that force to
buildworld the whole system - but that is just because I never had that kind of
situation before. Could anyone explain what happened, or at least point
to the relevant piece of documentation? man cvsup either is not enough or
is too obscure...

 my ports-supfile is

*default host=localhost
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=.
*default delete use-rel-suffix
ports-all

 looks ok for me, or should I hack it on every buildworld?

--
Sincerely,
	Dmitry

--- www.karasik.eu.org ---