Date:      Mon, 11 Sep 2000 17:29:06 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org, marcel@scc.nl
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   patches to (sorta) run IBM Java 1.3

I've got the IBM jdk 1.3 partially working.  So far, it seems that
anything which tries to bring up an X window dies a horrid death.  All
else seems to work fine.

I've left a new patchset at
http://www.cs.duke.edu/~gallatin/linux_sa_siginfo/diff

This patchset is against a pre-SMPng -current and:

- changes MINSIGSTKSZ from 8192  to 2048
- implements linux_rt_sendsig() & linux_rt_sigreturn()
- implements userland sigtramp code for linux_rt_sigreturn()
- implements linux_to_bsd_sigaltstack & bsd_to_linux_sigaltstack() to
	fix a bug in linux_sigaltstack & to avoid lots of cut-n-paste in
	linux_rt_sigreturn().  This also fixes the "Java HotSpot(TM)
	Client VM warning: cannot uninstall alt signal stack" one sees with
	Sun's 1.3 JDK.
- peppers a lot of the linux code with loud uprintfs to assist in
	debugging the X problem

I currently suspect the X problem has something to do with we grow our
stacks when they're mapped as MAP_STACK.  The apps which die are
always killed because of a not totally unreasonable looking stack
address.

I'm really, really hoping to find somebody to help me debug the X
window problem.  Somebody, please?