Date:      Wed, 15 Jun 2016 16:50:30 -0700
From:      Navdeep Parhar <np@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Andrey Yakovlev <andy.yakov@ya.ru>, Dominik Schoeffmann <schoeffm@in.tum.de>, "net@freebsd.org" <net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Netmap Checksum Offloading

On 06/15/2016 16:15, Andrey Yakovlev wrote:
> ive heard on bsdcan this year that some patches exist to add hwcsum offloading to netmap, hope to see it chelsio at least

cxgbe/cxl is a bit sneaky and will let you override netmap (on tx only).
 The ncxl interfaces declare themselves capable of checksumming but all
such capabilities are disabled by default.  Just enable txcsum on the
interface and the hardware will do checksum insertion on tx.  No way to
solve the rx part entirely within the driver -- netmap has to be willing
to accept checksum related flags from the driver.

Regards,
Navdeep