Date:      Fri, 23 Feb 2001 00:17:23 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@freebsd.org (Satoshi Asami)
To:        ports@freebsd.org, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   end of 3-stable support

Hi all,

As you may all know, the 3-stable branch has slowly being phased out
for a while now.  This is true for both the tree itself and the ports
collection; fewer and fewer ports committers have 3-stable machines to
test with, and the list of build errors kept growing little by little.

Thus, I have decided to stop building 3-stable packages.  The next run
which starts in a few hours will be the last one for 3-stable.  Of
course, this last set of packages will be left on ftp.FreeBSD.org for
a long time, just like the last set of 2.2.* packages.

Thanks for your help.  We can now concentrate all our resources on
only two branches.  (For a while anyway. ;)

-PW