Date:      Mon, 22 Sep 1997 16:52:35 +0900 (JST)
From:      usagi@ruby.club.or.jp
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        usagi@ruby.club.or.jp
Subject:   ports/4602: Upgrading ruby ports

>Number:         4602
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       Upgrading ruby-1.0 ports
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Release:        FreeBSD 2.2.1-RELEASE i386
>Environment:

I would like to upgrade ruby-1.0 ports collection that I maintain.
Because 'diff -rcN' result is larger than original ports, so I
put new ports into

 ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/incoming/ruby-1.0-ports.tar.gz

Changes

 - shared scripts directory is changed.
   In previous vesion, shared scirpts are located in '/usr/local/share/ruby'
   but, I've changed it to '/usr/local/lib/ruby'.
   Because like perl5, ruby has architecture-depend shared library and
   such libraies should not be localted in 'share' directory I think.

 - now on-line manual available
   I've converted some html refereces to roff text. So add ruby.1.gz