Date:      Tue, 10 Oct 2000 12:30:52 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Chris Dempsey <chrisdempsey@yahoo.com>
To:        "Dennis C. Prather" <dennis@productivity.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Won't Boot

These didn't work as in you could not edit the rc.conf
file?  ee should be installed in the base system and
is the boot -s editor.  Speaking of, try booting
single user, using <spacebar>, boot -s when it says
press enter to continue booting kernel.  You can then
remount the / and /usr filesystems to use vi or ee.

The unterminated quote string error may or may not be
on line 23.  Look for settings that do not end with a
quotation mark, or do not require a quotation mark.

--- "Dennis C. Prather" <dennis@productivity.org>