Date:      Mon, 29 Mar 1999 02:15:00 -0400 (AST)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Two questions relating to Video Conferencing ...

Hi...

	I have two questions that, to date, I haven't been able to find an
answer to without having to deal with another operating system, which I
don't find acceptable :(  Or, rather, one question requires changing
operating system, the other I'm not even sure if its possible...

	Scenario: I'm just about to install a VidConf network for a
client, to be used from home and the office to do tele-commuting.  All the
'clients' machines are going to be running WinNT, but their file server at
the office is a FreeBSD box w/ Samba.

	Q1. is there anything I can run on the FreeBSD box to provide them
an equivalent to an ILS server, as is available for NT machines?  They are
all going to be using NetMeeting as their clients, but I want them to be
able to connect to the central server to find out who else is online...

	Q2. is there any way of setting up a "proxy server"?  I'm running
FreeBSD at home as my gateway and main development machine.  I have an NT
machine up and running so that I'm not totally lost when I go do the
install, and would like to do VidConf'ng to a friend in a remote location.
The problem is that I need to go through my gateway, which is running
NATd...is there any way of doing this?  Someone way of saying "if a
connection comes in on port XXX, redirect it to port XXX on internal IP
YYY?

Thanks...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org