Date:      Sat, 30 Dec 1995 05:22:29 -0800 (PST)
From:      Donald Burr <d_burr@ix.netcom.com>
To:        David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
Cc:        Eric Blood <eblood@winky.reno.nv.us>, questions@freebsd.org, FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: NETBSD ccd driver

On Fri, 29 Dec 1995, David Greenman wrote:

> >What is the NetBSD ccd driver?
>
>    It's the "concatenated disk" driver. It give you the ability to combine
> multiple physical disks into one logical volume.

Allright... lemme get this straight.  Let's say I have a bunch of small
hard disks lying around... let's say I had four 40 MB'ers, maybe one 100
MB... maybe even an old 250 MB or so... and eight 20 MB disks (hey, I
upgraded a lot of machines)... then I can use the ccd driver and slap them
all together to make a single (in this example) 670 MB logical "disk"?
This would be extremely cool, since I have a similar situation.  Is this
available under FreeBSD yet?

Donald Burr [d_burr@ix.netcom.com], PO Box 91212, Santa Barbara CA 93190-1212
TEL (805)564-1871 / FAX 564-2315 / WWW http://www.geopages.com/WallStreet/2072
PGP Public Key available by request (send e-mail) or on Public Key Servers.
** Uphold your right to privacy - Use PGP. **