Date:      Thu, 6 Sep 2001 11:18:26 +0200
From:      "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@FreeBSD.ORG>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG, developers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.4 will be delayed until Saturday, the 8th of September

On Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 09:18:08AM +0100, Nik Clayton wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 01:03:22PM -0700, Jordan Hubbard wrote:
> > Because RC3 was a fairly significant regression and thus didn't
> > represent a very good test target, what we'll be releasing today
> > instead is 4.4-RC4, a release candidate more in-line with the
> > definition of that term.  We'll take 3 days to collect feedback and
> > then roll the final release.
>
> Three days testing for a release candidate?
>
> Isn't that a bit, well, short?

Especially when we are still waiting to 4.4-RC4 appearing in ftp-master,
and then we'll have to spend several hours in transferring it to the
mirrors. In practice, this leaves us with 24 hours for testing the
[presumably] last RC. In addition, the 8th is Saturday, i.e, weekend. I
think that 4.4-RELEASE should be delayed until the 11th or 12th.

  JMA
--
****** Jose M. Alcaide  //  jose@we.lc.ehu.es  //  jmas@FreeBSD.org ******
** "Beware of Programmers who carry screwdrivers" --  Leonard Brandwein **