Date:      Tue, 21 Nov 2000 16:41:10 +0300 (MSK)
From:      "Vladimir B. Grebenschikov" <vova@express.ru>
To:        Kazufumi-MIT-Mitani <mit@mit-s.otaru-uc.ac.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ifdefault

Kazufumi-MIT-Mitani writes:
 > Hi.
 >
 > Is there any successful port of Paul Vixie's ifdefault
 > (ftp://ftp.vix.com/pub/vixie/ifdefault/)
 > to FreeBSD?

I think it can be emulated with ipfw:

let's imagin that we have two providers A and B with
two networks allocated for us: a.a.a.a/A and b.b.b.b/B
and connected to interfaces aa0 ii bb0 with nexthops
a.a.next.hop and b.b.next.hop for default routes

# route add default -iface lo1
# ipfw add fwd a.a.next.hop ip from a.a.a.a/A to any out via lo1
# ipfw add fwd b.b.next.hop ip from b.b.b.b/B to any out via lo1

there we can use samething like defeault 0.0.0.0/0 route for other
networks

# ipfw add fwd some.default.next.hop ip from any to any out via lo1

--
TSB Russian Express, Moscow
Vladimir B. Grebenschikov, vova@express.ru