Date:      Sun, 13 Apr 1997 21:21:50 +0000
From:      lannyb@mail.interhop.net
To:        questions@freebsd.org, support@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XWindows-Screen is unreadable

  Hello,

 I have been trying for days to get XWindows to
work..unsuccessfully :-)

 My FreeBSD system is working, and recompiled kernel is fine.
The problem is when running startx, the screen seems to be somewhat
compressed. I have tried all the various Mach_64 Xservers. I have an
ATI Mach64 Video card with 4megs ram. I have tried using different
settings for the mouse. All prove to not get X windows to start.

 Is the problem with a particular file other than XF86Config ??

I would greatly appreciate any help to remedy the problem.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Lanny