Date:      Wed, 7 Feb 2001 10:42:24 -0600
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Needed: apache/httpd ports to use 'www' user

On Wed, Feb 07, 2001 at 01:40:12AM -0800, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> I've had discussions with Ade about this before, but don't know the
> current status of the changes.

Well, short of allocating a uid/gid and name for it, it will be
a trivial matter for me to update the one singular apache port in
my tree (see previous recent posts to -ports for more details).

Addressing the 'www' user, so that both apache and zope (any others?)
use it, should probably be done at the same time as the single
apache port, so that we only go through a few days of breakage once.

-aDe

--
Ade Lovett, Austin, TX.			       ade@FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD: The Power to Serve		http://www.FreeBSD.org/